Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Valentines Day

The CEO of my Company David Sutherland and the Chief Financial Officer Avril Ifergothername
are going to do a webcast from our corporate headquarters in Lisle, Illinois. Mr. Sutherland and I go back to 1990 when this Iowa facility opened. We both at one point left the company briefly and returned. He went on to become CEO however. I went on to become a company nightmare. I still have in my possession a letter he wrote me when I quit back in 1991. The COO at that time Mylon Kasonovich told the workforce at a meeting that the company was going down the tubes and we needed to save ourselves. So I lost 18 months of senority cause I listened to him. Anyway I came back in 1992 and I believe Mr. Sutherland went back to University in Canada and he came back as a vice president in charge of buying and disbursing scrap and machinery and then onward and upward to become President, and CEO. His letter to me stated that he was sorry I'd left and that I would be welcome to return. So 6 months after I did leave I returned and have been there ever since.
Anyway. The meeting will be webcast at 9 am Central and you can watch them tell the fabulous news about last years earnings, our profit sharing take for 2004 year end (I heard its big) and the projections for 2005. I like know this dood. This to me is like being friends with an honest US President. (well maybe I'm going too far...) But its on the web at
www.ipsco.com and they'll be directions there for the webcast. This is like knowing John Deere after the business took off....
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home