Monday, January 17, 2005

All I can tell you is

Occasionally where you work has struggles. My crew has struggles. We see successes but we have severe struggles. Its because my crew has an abundance of 20 somethings who aint sure what they want to do. I get frustrated because I see the places where improvements can go on. I suggest stuff and sometimes I'm successful at changing things but then they slip back into slacker mode. It could be the weather. It could be the coffee. It could be me. Im getting grouchier as I get older. But then the numbers don't lie. sheesh. I mean were only a little ways back but we are consistantly back. We have no one to run to the fires and put them out. I can't because Im stuck to the inspection unit. I asked for the opportunity to lead. I was told that I could do it. Just how and when were the issues. Changing people is a difficult thing. I want this place to prosper and Im not sick like some of them. By that I mean I dont have the alcohol issue, or the buddies issue. I can tell them to KMA and not care what they think. This is my income. This saved my life once. (Heart surgery to the tune of 84,000.00) Kidney surgery to the tune of 20,000.00.cost me nothing for the kidney surgery and 3 grand for the heart work. This is serious. I cant be playing with success. They are young and dont care. I was that once so I understand. But providing boundaries is what they need. Setting up a system where by they rotate, and factory work is factory work no matter what you say. It might look greener on the other side of the hill but the ruts are just as deep.
This aint no party
This aint no disco
this
ain't no foolin aroun.
Bowe

1 Comments:

At Monday, January 17, 2005 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Porgie said...

You don't have a spare room fer rent there, do ya? Nobody wants ta hire a 54-year-old ex-machinist, even at minimum wage, out here!

<:^(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home