Monday, January 31, 2005

You Can't

get grandiose about everyday affairs. Sometimes they're earthshaking and milestones to you personally but to everyone else, (and in light of the worlds troubles) people just dont care. My Urlogist admitted to me today that he bruised my lung with the Lithotripsy. He apologized, I accepted it. End of affair. I make mistakes, I understand. When this kidney stone procedure began he told me that because of my size (6'03" 295lbs) I was a max fit for the tank and the focusing element. Doing the right side of my body last summer was a cakewalk. And when they blast those devils, they blast them to fine grains of sand. It really is amazing. The technology was developed originally by the Nazis in WWII to bring down aircraft with sound blasts. Because the angle of incidence was diffrent for me due to my size sitting in the tank (youre unconscious during this procedure so you really cant offer any assistance to them)the sound path passed through my kidney annihilating the stones but it went up instead of out past my intestines. It bruised my lung and my pulmonary artery and those of you that know me, know that I had bypass surgery a few years ago and the swelling of the pulmonary artery caused the new veins to stretch like guitar strings. I had chest pains, I got a ride in the meatwagon. I'm grateful to be alive. I've put myself on the subway diet and its working, Im exercising more now and feel much better. The pain from this last procedure to rid me of kidneystones has set me back because I feel weak and tired, but now its day 10 and Im starting to get with it again. I cut some firewood and put up my tools from working on my rental. Im going up there tomorrow and replace the broken Glass in the bedroom window, and fix the ceiling in the basement room that they ripped up.
Life goes on you have struggles and pain and you suck it up and keep on keepin on. More and more I belive in "never give up". Although sometimes I felt so down that I wanted to.
Bowe

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 31, 2005 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Porgie said...

I'm really sorry ta hear that yer lithotripsy wasn't as (relatively) uncomplicated as mine was - 10 years ago almost to the DAY today! I sure am *glad* ta hear that yer back on yer feet, though - I wuz seriously thinkin' about tryin' ta call ya on the FONE...

In other gnus - I got me a J*B! I start next Monday at the UW Medical Center up in Seee-yaddle - it's a helluva commute, but I kin take the bus, and leave the drivin' ta THEM...

Hope ya feel 100% better SOON, pal!

<:^)

 
At Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:23:00 AM, Blogger Bowe said...

great news.
be cool. Remember theres tons of politics everywhere and just ignore em and doo yer usual good job. I got people callin me names all the time. Like water it rolls off the feathers.... I couldnt be happier for ye pilgrim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home