Thursday, January 13, 2005

I wasn't sure

For a long time about quality of life. I know the rich laugh at a poor man who talks about quality of life. I've never had a lot of momey.I deem it "good" when there exists tranquility at home, logevity without disease, and happiness. The happiness I encounter when Im in the prescense of quality of life. There exists toys, and diversions and even I have these. But the highest quality that I've encountered in my time of life has been men who live with clear consciences. I can't stand drunks (was one myself once) and whiners. Hits me where I live. Unless the whining is done with accute humor. Then I can bear it, if I can laugh. I was talkin to a friend from Philly the other night and we laughed and laughed, I know we werent on the same page sometimes, but sometimes we were. Theres a perspective we share toward politics and we got on a hoot and ran. Like Billy Crystal said "Comedy is hard" Well its not if its politics. Its hilarious. Free set ups. Hold up the mirror. My friend asked me why we werent out in the streets after the WMD search had been called off in Iraq. I told him it was because I was on geritol and had a mortgage. He said that the people of the Ukraine were out in the streets and they had mortgages too...I said that my mortgage was higher than theirs. (I'm half Lithuanian)
We talked about the catholic issues and the payments and the use of bankruptcy to escape the penalty payments by dioceses who've been sued for inappropriate activities by priests.... Comedy is not hard. I don't remember what exactly set it off, but we laughed and laughed. I got a good dose of endorphins. That'll hopefully cure this cancer on my face. (the doc burnt it off with liquid nitrogen).
I remember being drunk one night in New York State. I was about 34 and I had a car that was put together from junk parts, but it was a Volvo. I was on a back road in winter and I was pretty drunk...and I was on a different road than I thought I was on. Anyway suddenly theres four huge Maple Trees in front of me and a 'T' in the road. I pulled hard to the right on the steering wheel and hit the gas. I made the turn although my drivers side tires were riding on the cliff of the ditch edge. I remember how hard my heart beat.
That next spring I was out in the same area riding a bicycle to this piece of land I was buying and these two hunting dogs came out of no where and were barking and nipping at my pant legs. I was peddlen down hill in high gear like a mad man when they gave up the chase. When I got to the top of the next hill I thought I was gonna die. I thought my heart was gonna explode. I vowed never to go anywyere without mace again. (On a country ride onna bike)There was still some snow on the ground too....
I remember sitting on a large rock in a field. When a porcupine emerged from the timber and was waddeling toward me. I was yelling "get out of here!" But he jes kept on coming. I had to leave....
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home