Sunday, February 06, 2005

Imagine (Part Two)

Samuel Taylor Coleridge rewrote the world. He used his imagination. It was not fraudulent, or libelous. It was his perception. Some folk when they see the sun rise do not see a golden orb emitting rays in the canvas of sky. They see a chariot pulled by Angelic Unicorns and cherubs trumpeting 'Holy is the Lord'. Handel saw this stuff this way too. Matthew saw Jesus like this. So did Luke and Paul and John and Mark. No ordinary person. No ordinary spokesman. John sat down and Looked at the Jewish Prophetic utterance and said "wow, Jesus said this." or "wow, Jesus was that fullfillment. Major and minor league prophets got notation. Jesus fit every bill. Quoted every quote.Find out why John said that "Jesus and his diciples went over the Brook at Kidron" it has its place in OT prophecy.
Its a clue as to how Jesus became the second person in the trinity.
Ok enuf said. I wrote that for all the people who want to be led politically by the gospel toting destroyers of nasty evil empires. Imagine this.
Ifeel so dumb. I am so bumd. I was sitting on a dirt hill in western new york state in 1972. It was spring so it was warm enough to be on the grass in the afternoon. The hills were bleak because the trees had been eliminated for corn for the cattle. I was about five miles from anywhere there was people and a grey tumbling down tack house was across the road from me. It was partly cloudy that day. I had this hatchet that I'd found along the road. It was all steel. It was rusty but all there. I remember the smell of the dirt as I kinda hacked away at grassy lump that was next to where I was sitting. Freshly dug up dirt has its own aroma. Its nice I guess if youre from the midwest and youre used to smellin that smell, especially in the spring. I liked that simplicity. Im dumb, I know it. I wanted to live in that gray shack and have a garden and a woodstove. I was 22 years old. I believed in Jesus so I prayed. The next thing I wound up doing was getting drunk. I was genetically attached to the worlds BIGGEST group of alcoholics. The Lithuanian cole Miners. I needed alcohol. Friends of mine today with liver disorders wonder why Im not in their condition. (Well {harumph} I have MY OWN CONDITION) I jes aint sufferin from cirhosis, or any herpes simplex's.
In 1974 was living in East Central New York and working at a sawmill. I had a wife and two kids. But we were poor. This really bothered my wife a lot. But more than that my weekend drunken jam sessions bothered her more. Until I got chubby. Then we separated.
More than ever I wanted that dirt house smell. But now I knew my future was sealed. I would owe and pay child support and be alone.
I nearly had it! I had the house started by a creek in the woods, and I had a pretty good paying job. Then I drank it away.
Which wound me up here where I am now. Not so bad.I believed in Jesus. You know there may be something to this Jesus thing. It JUST AIN'T WAR. At least war on the planet. Yesterday a black friend of mine stopped by. Hes an Ultra Orthodox Protestant. And he was on me about the US bein Gods Army to destroy Islam. I told him..."Don't you know what color the soldiers are who are over there?" Dont you know where theyre recruiting them from?"
some Marine General said the other day.."Its actually FUN to kill some people"
Well, unless YORE the person getting killed dood.
I wanted that dirt. Maybe thats my death wish. Maybe thats the smell of eternity calling me. In the spring it sure smells nice. I like new potatos and carrots, and onions and garlic fresh picked. I grow my own broccoli and brussels sprouts. Fresh picked and steamed they are OUTSTANDING. I play my guitar loud less and less. I like it soft and sweet. I like power chords...but quiet power chords. and the wash of an orchestral background. And the smell of dirt in the spring. Imagine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home