Sunday, June 06, 2004

Third rate romance

Last Night I washed the filthy walls of the unit I inspect in. It was like greasy mud. it took cans of cleaner, and rags, and paper towels. Production ground to a halt when the mill went down. We ran all the crap in the yard that could be reworked, and everytime we went down I'd wash the walls. I never finished cause they sent us home at 2:30 am. I never argue with that. I just go. I love sleep and well you can read about how frustrated I can get with my job. I crashed about 4 am and slept till noon. I love it. I heard a very old song last night by a band called "Crazy elephant" I cant recall the title but I remember the bass line and the drums... It was wayyyyyy ahead of the music of its day. It was great blend of the two and was sooo funky. Kinda Pre-Average White Band-White band. They also played Chuck Berrys "Roll Over Beethoven" Which was a 'cut' aimed at the old Maestro. Classical Music is still fabulous. Its soothing, and shocking, and aggrivating sometimes, but its still totally wonderful. Nigras rarely listen to it roun heah. But if I have a long ride I tune in NPR and mellow out.
Delta Blues is bad as well. And listenin to the "Louisanna Gator Boys" play the song "How Blue can you get" gives me the same woody. Beethoven may wanna roll ova but if he could he'd rock. I just know it.
Bowe

be sure to visit and listen to: http://www.freewebs.com/rexio/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home