Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Closin In On Thursday

And I aint got shit accomplished. I need to fix the door on the Exploder and get the front end realigned. Sigh. I had all that beautiful time in Colorado, and now its back to the grind. I went over to Nathaniel Johnsons Church (Second Missionary Baptist Church 438 N.4th street Clinton, Iowa) and I had a reunion with him. I played guitar for his worship team in 1998-990 and 2000. then I quit after thinking, that if there was a God there wouldnt be all the mess there is. So I put my band together as quickly as I could and began to make money playin music as I could. I wound up spending more than I made and tapping my toes on the floor waiting for musicians who'd made a committment to show, not show. The musicians I met via the African American Gospel Circuit were so superior to any street musicians I jammed with or played in a band with I decided to swallow my pride and see if he needed a guitarist this summer. He did. I took him to his favorite restaurant after the wednesday night service (I was there for the final screaming prayers) and bought him dutch apple pie (hot) and we had decaf. We never stopped talking from the time we greeted each other until I left his garage at a quarter to ten. He'd taken me to Mississippi a few years back to play revivals in some of the poorest communities I've ever seen, and told me that he'd just got back from another week down there. He got a new Caddilac. ( a 2000, and the seats move 12 different ways!)
They are going to Louisianna for a week and the 13th he wants me to go to a church in Illinois and play guitar with him his bass player and his drummer. I love that particular church cause they are also called Second Baptist and in 99 when I played there they preacher told me "Bro Rex, you eva leave Second baptist in clinton, then you get ova heah to Second baptist in Dixon!" I cant remember his name but he's dope. Anyway the phone STILL hasnt rung but my e-mail wish was that many people would by my CD at CD Baby.com entitled "Santa at the Gulag" or download it at netmusic. Who knows? When Bootsie barked maybe thats when somebody bought a copy? They never tell me anything.
Oh and Jesus? Im really sorry about that stuff I said about you. I didnt make the movie,and I wouldnt go see it unless they put a gun to my head. Thats not my favorite part of the Bible anyway.
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home