Saturday, June 12, 2004

Scuse Me, while I kiss this guy

At Work I will blatantly give a homely co worker a kiss on the cheek. I know this awful but some of them deserve it. No one has yet complained however, but I have come away with totally greasy lips. The joke then it seems was on me.
I called my bosses today and explained that Monday Im having the procedure on my body for to rid me of the stones, and that I might not be at work Mon night. Everyone was cool and told me to go go go and get the rid. I have very good relationships there and I hate it when it seems like crap goes south and I cant be around. It took 14 years to get to a place of trust and sensibility. Basically cause Im so freaking goofy. But being goofy hasnt hurt my credibility because in matters of business, I can be counted on. I just have a sick and twisted sense of what is funny. I believe I inherited that from Joseph my father. Its so odd that my name is King and my dad was Joseph, I should live in Jerusalem dont cha know? I can cure headaches too. I've got hundreds of affimations to that effect throughout the community. Its an old thing I learned through the Whole Earth Catalogue years ago when I
I I I I I was an Hippy. I was the epitome of the Hip slacker generation for many years, except I was catholic and felt guilty about it for years and years. Then some Dutch people turned me on the the Calvinistic work ethic and I became a work a holic who could never get a decent job. But hey we alllllll ol make mistakes don't we?
Yo see I've been afflicted with religion ALL MAH LIFE. In one way or another. SOmetiMeS I could behave in a manner that seem in accordance with church doctrine and the holy writ but I'd always find a way to stumble into an adulterous situation, or a bar, or an opium den, or a police station. I have the knack.
Now that I've become a stable member of the GDP circle, I rarely have time for introspection, except to admit that "damn I'm good!" (Which in reality is rarely the case.) When I was a ramblin hippy I was all art music and spirituality. Now Im all bottom line and whats new on the bills list? I really dont like this incarnation, however I have grown accustomed to eating the way we do, sleeping in a nice home, and having the fine medicine I need to ward off death from diabetes, cardio vascular disease, and rickets. Kidney stones, gout, beri beri, bengi fever, and encephelitis. All the scourge of the working man. The Money I need is THERE to cover the charges, all because I play the game.
Musically, I haven't had a good idea since 1972 when I wrote "Sweet Flower Colorado Morning" after never having been to Colorado in all acutality. But like Van Morrison says, songwriting is as fictional as any literature. Not every songwriter writes from personal experience. I have, and got dissed for it! The critic said I sounded like a drunk confessing. (!) and actually it was EXACTLY what I was doing with that particular song. I thought it was wonderful just to be criticized publicly. I was at that time, of the opinion that any press was good press. I have however, come to a different contusion since that day. Its amazing that soooo many good musicians are dead! I just discovered that Nicky Hopkins was dead! Sheesh! John Cipollina! Dead! Sheesh! I thought these musicians were just loungin somewhere livin off royalties... Hey, Maybe they are! Maybe Jesus sets up a nice Island for minstrels who get into the top 100 in their lives and then die young. Nah... never mind. When yer dead, yer dead. Just like when yer hot yer hot!
Just IMAGINE...

thanks, john.

Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home