Friday, June 11, 2004

Ouch,Man this sux

Well
I got Xrayed today and I have stones lodged in my ureter, in my kidneys and who knows where else? I saw the Xrays and Yep sure nuff dere dey are. Monday theyre gonna blast them with ultrasound. I gotta wait that long. I aint in a great deal of pain. Just enough to remind me I'm in this situation. They gave me some 'ultraset' its like percocet except it has some asprin in it too I think. I get wierd head rushes from it and body wave rushes. It really doesnt help with the pain all that much except it diverts your attention I think. I've been trying to pass stones too big to pass for nearly a month now. Wayyyyyy too long. Maybe Im just accustomed to the pain now. I noticed that all week I had periodic stretches of sharp pain in my back accompanied with that nausea that I recognize as a stone moving. But nothing like the initial onset, no sweating, and real gastric assailment. So I like vaccumed three rooms of the house today. We both work and we share the cleaning jobs. It didnt really hurt all that bad but maybe since I KNOW for sure now that I cant pass these things, that they ache even more.
The Urologist said that she could insert a stent in my ureter to open em up so they'd pass. I dont know if I like that Idea at all. I mean, I know where they have to start, and thats like real uncomfortable.
Kids, take care of yourselves when youre young. You may, like me, make it to old age and ya dont want this crappy suffering. Heart trouble, diabetes and now freakin Kidney stones. Sheesh.
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home