Sunday, February 20, 2005

I had power enough

to get you to come. But I didn't have enough to make you stay. To lead me on so seriously, was cold and bitter and evil in its way. While the black stars swirl on edge of the sky, its all at night; the owl in flight; the birds of prey, they hide in the day.
Talons deep in the flesh of my heart. You did it with your eyes the flesh started to part. You came to collect all that you got, and now in those talons that flesh begins to rot.
Rots right down to the bare bare bone
All I ever said was
"leave me alone"
All I ever wanted was
"to be on my own"
All I ever said was
"Leave me alone"

I had power enough to make you leave
but before you went I had my heart on my sleeve
I had my fingers inside
of a warm rose's bed
like a bird in the night
like a bird of the dead
It rotted right down to the bare bare bone
all I ever said to you
was just
"Leave me alone"

Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home