Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Read Sock

Penn Jillette has written a book called "SOCK" I have it and its fabulous. He is a monster intellectual. Amazon has it for 13.00 paperback. He is also an outstanding illusionist with his buddy Mr.Teller.
Went to the hospital last night and after a diagnosis of 'smouldering infection" got fitted for a saline Lock and got my first dose of another antibiotic. Heres lookin at chew sweettart.
Maybe THIS will end this bullshit. Maybe not. I had great dreams. Huge panoramic vistas with thousands of characters to interact with. Im always so self reliant in dreams and then Im so inept. Nazi's are everywhere, friends pop in and out. Im younger and thinner, and faster. I dream in technicolor and shades of gray. I was climbing a coal pile on a white palomino in one dream and lookin down into a wooded valley with a stream in the middle.In another I was eating at a company picnic, roast ham, huge carving knives, and bowls and plates of food. There were garages with young people in them just standing around smoking cigarettes, staring blankly at each other and outside. I was in the depths of the factory making important decisions, but what we were producing? I havent a clue. I dreamnt a General Manager who I've interacted with periodically for about 6 years now was in a wheel chair. But it wasnt permanent. In fact he got out of a van in the chair and then stood up and went to dinner....The sky was gray and smokey. I dreamed of people I haven't seen in 40 years, talking to me about issues I knew about but I dont know how. It all made sense in my dreams. I love to shut my eyes and go to those movies. Im so grateful that my mind does this for me. I remember a long dark stretch when I was drinkin a lot that I never dreampt at all. It was black unconsiousness, then stark daylight. Another day at a dreary job, and another pile of unpaid bills, more alcohol and then stark blackness and seniconscious daylight. I love to dream because when I awake I know I have a place to return too that I can run and laugh and fear and love in with no real ramifications, and if it all goes bad as it did one night I dreampt that I was lost in Seattle and my high school sweetheart abandoned me downtown, I woke up in my bed in Iowa. Home of corn. safe. I hadnt screwed up anything except the sheets. I gotta be on this drug for 10 days and hopefully it will vanquish my smouldering infections...............
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home