Sunday, July 25, 2004

Tim Abbott

My brother in law will be up Aug 12-18 to visit from Austin, Texas dating capital of the world. (according to SNL in a recent weekend update). Tim is forwarding several songs acapella that Im going to work on the melodies to. I am thrilled about this because I've wanted to collaborate with him for many years and haven't had that opportunity. It will be like the Carters, or the Everlys. He wants minimalist style and starkness.  Im astounded. However he's free to add orchestral background to anything we do and eliminate my bare guitar work entirely if the songs need that for success.  He's also suggested some gigs to push the tunes.  I think if we do that the new music haven in the Quad Cities is the place to open. But damned if I can remember their name jes nah. But he insists that we do a duet at the beer pubs to warm it up. Not a bad idea at all. He could easily build a band if he comes off well. He has a great range and style. I'v always liked his voice but his songs lacked that grasp on the common thread, that abstract conceptual music generally contains. Therefore he's had no real mainstream exposure. He's had good music and his 90's release Argument Clinic is still out there in the bins.... But I think with some hooks, and harmony he'll have a base this time. And with digital distribution he'll have a world wide market. He is very good and Im peeing my pants waiting for the rough stuff. ER maybe Im peeing my pants cause of the surgery, but either way, Im peeing. Gotta go...oops! already went! (just kidding)
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home