Friday, July 23, 2004

I made it

I made it to 54 today. How wierd and I had uteral surgery as a present.They plucked several stones from my uterer and my kidney today. My my it hurts to pee. I know Im like too old for this shit but Its fun to write and its fun to play music so I do both. I either get a rapt audience or people leave. Either way I play and enjoy it. Life is what you make it. I had an old episcopal priest tell me if life hands you a barrel of shit, turn it into fertilixer. so  so so................
  wow 54 that 2 times that I've been 27 years old.  I feel like Im 27 years old. (well except for the kidney stuff that makes me feel like Im 89 years old)
I had an heart attack. Technology advanced enough to give me new blood vessels to the heart and a job with insurance to afford the surgery. (IM GRATEFUL) I had a 2" long kidney stone. technology has advanced enough that it was extracted and no new holes were cut in my body.(IM GRATEFUL)  In 1978 I managed to cut off all the fingers on my right hand. At that time tecnology was advanced enough to reattach three of the four cut off. (STILL GRATEFUL)
  I said at one time I believe in God. I believed that Jesus Christ was his son and that by the spirit of adoption, God adopted me. Im so glad.
I cant explain why I went through five years of anger at God.  I literally hated him.
That was washed away by a phone call from Leroy Williams. Wierd. I cant explain it.
But Im grateful.
I cant explain why, me, a drunken loser with no education can live in a nice neighborhood, have the musical instruments I've wanted all my life
ABOVE THAT
A beautiful wife and family.
I just cant understand it but I'm grateful.
I cant understand why I never reconciled with my father.
or my mother. And why my sister is the dork she is.
its like I never had a family. Until 1987. The year I quit drinking alcohol.
And I met my wife.
and we stayed sober and got married
and had a daughter.
I cant understand it.
But its wonderful. If this is God at work, Im grateful.
Im sure that it is.
Im layin off critcism for a while.
Im gonna ride the grateful train and shut up.
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home