Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I had a dream...Crazy Dream

I walked past Gilded Funery displays of hieroglypic statues. Glass and gold lame' curtains housed the atifacts. I was int the rundown part of the city of death and had been to two churches prior to my rolling up the the tenement that housed the spirits of my deceased mother and father. I had a key and I walked up the rickety stairs to the apartment. It was high and stood rickety straight in the partly sunny partly stormy sky. There was a football game on Tee Vee and a small radio. It was rundown but liveable. There was beer in the refrigerator. I got a beer and a blanket and went back downstairs. I had arrived on some kind of wagon that was pulled along the broken cement streets. It had vanished.I laid down on the concrete on the blanket and what sun there was warmed me. Yet there were black clouds all on the horizon... I remembered thinking.."my family...they'll miss me..I need to call, or get back." Yet it was peaceful there. It was as if we were a real family and not the mess that had existed in another time and space. I went back upstairs after fearing that local gangs might disturb my tranquility. And there were horrible aspects of the dream that my mind blanked out. Storms, birds of prey, and fear and blackness disturbed by lightning. Then my parents came home with the groceries. I helped put them away. My father was pleasant like he'd never been before. My mother was quiet and sane like she'd never been. Then I awaoke. I was sad but content. Maybe they were together. Maybe it was poor but happy. I remember looking down out the kitchen window of the tenement. it was several stories down and there was nothing but grey concrete. Gray concrete. Gray concrete.
I remembered I'd never felt so peaceful about my father before. It was like Catholic heaven. Where you live just opposite what you did when you walked the earth. I noticed that they had no great burdens to bear or share. There was no fear even of the nasty gathering storms. It was the strangest dream of them I've ever had. It was as if I'd died and gone to be with them. It was like the ONLY way we could be together. It was soooooooooooo isolating yet unifying. I cant explain it. I dont put much stock in my dreams because I dream them all the time. I dream in technicolor and stereo sound. My dream life is like a new movie each night or day. When ever I sleep. Im so glad I have that.
I had another dream about by dad about six or seven months ago. That was one where he was living in a cheap motel. A huge cosmic disturbance happened and suddenely a giant red planet that was glowing with molten lava was hovering just to the side and near the motel. My father was scared but I was not. I reached out to touch the embers of the surface that had cooled. I woke up.
Dreams
What a strange world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home