Monday, December 27, 2004

Major Changes

I read today that George Carlin was entering rehab because he has trouble maintaining a normal life using vicodin and wine.
Yeah. Uh huh. He loves to poke fun at everything and everyone. He got into a scream fest at a Las Vegas nightclub with the audience and suddenly its rehab time. I can barely understand the goings on in world and to have them simplified by greater minds is a welcome benifit of education. But having the profane and irreverent display no control is unsettling.
I got an e mail from an old friend, and I didnt open it. I hope she understands that I've moved on. Life is short and long distance relationships even platonic ones are difficult. I gotta be me. Like Keith says "Booze!...it really heals."
I listened intently to the preacher sunday when I went with the wife and daughter to their church. I email a couple questions to him about what he said and to my surprise, he answered me! and HE addressed my specific issues. I thought that was pretty cool.
One issue that he mentioned was the dubious issue of free will, which my friend Lynne Vigue, a research scientist at Yale has written about at length. Her position demonstrates the lack of free will.
The church has forever, tried to balance free-will and determinism, and has been as unsuccessful as the atheists. For the inclusion of genetics and social environmental issues always have to be considered.
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home