Saturday, December 25, 2004

I aint Drunk

Bitter opposition to the ruling class
I aint got no axe to grind!
I work much harder parked on my ass
In spite of the hills I have to climb

The grace thats given to me
By the soulful Universe.
Would crack a mirror in eternity
do that, or something worse.

Anyway the problems as they come and go
and sometimes end our lives
are our biggest enemy
and our spouses husbands, wives.

I cant look up for fear of down
Im floating up in the thin
Air of today thats full of smoke
and crash and the howling din.

Don't think about me anymore
than you ever used to do
Im so much richer now that Im old
and farther away from you

And loving every minute I spend
doing whatever I want me to
Im not thinking bout much no moe
and Im sho not thinkin bour chu.

These boots is made for hiking
and out on the road I go
Im spending eternities money now
Im in the overflow

Lookout for grey bears, and tangerines
and carney types that sing
and dont be a sucker for a pretty face
or a gilded diamond ring.

Im on the road for forty days
and counting two by two
I was thinkin bout my yesterdays
But I wasnt thinkin bout chu.
no, I wasnt thinking bout chu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home