Monday, January 03, 2005

Got a charge account at Goldblatts

I've net several minimalists here in Iowa during the last few years. They do without. Theyre basically college educated, and hold down jobs that are 60k or better annually. Theyre not attached to the power grid except to sell power at bulk kilowatts to the Power Company. (Owned by Warren Buffett) Their women dont wear makeup and have part time jobs as tutors. This is how I came upon them. I hired a tutor for my youngest daughter. They are thin, and seemingly unhappy. They rarely joke of smile at all. Its all business. The kind of people who you expect to arrive safely at the grave.I want to do an austerity program here at rancho malario. Im gettin really pissed off at bounced check charges and this week I took over the mess of our checking accounts and savings etc...I always get it when its fubar.I was cruising along thinking I had reserves. I didnt. Shit hit the fan and now after a few small strokes that had me twitching for three days Im figuring how to make the automatic payments with no money. But I have good credit. Im working. It will all work out. I will not be very popular around here for a while. I cant believe that we do this so often. I've been married for 17 years to the same woman and worked the same job for nearly 15 years now. You'd think I'd have a routine at this point. No... Im a liberal. I let my wife have her say, and I let her have the reigns. So it's back to square one. But i've been here before and know jes what it takes. Austerity! PB and J. The answer to your question is NO.
Man
I wasnt cut out to be Dionysian. Or dictatorial.
I thought marriage and finance would be a smoother, sensible route for people who looked at life soberly and took shit seriously.
Well some folks imagine that the diety will continually provide above and beyond what I earn.
Nope
It dont work like dat.
But like I said.
I know the drill.
Im off and running
Bowe

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always useta get mixed up between Wieblatt's and Goldboldt's when I went ta visit my Grammer in Cheeitcahgo...

 
At Saturday, January 08, 2005 6:40:00 AM, Blogger Bowe said...

Hey woodie!
hi dood.

 
At Saturday, January 15, 2005 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Porgie said...

OOPS! I came in here de udder day but missed yer reply - how ya doon?

<:^)

 
At Sunday, January 16, 2005 6:45:00 AM, Blogger Bowe said...

Hey Woodie!
Im as good as it gets for my diseases! Hope yer doon ok!
smooches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home