Thursday, October 21, 2004

Quiet on the night before the big weekend work

I have a really bad cold. Raspy sore throat, cought that smarts. I feel generally achy and I have a Dr.s appointment tomorrow. It seems like Im constantly there these days. I only have a million dollars coverage...I spent 84,000.00 on my heart surgery in my 12th year of employment (With this particular company) I must be close to half way there. I spent 20,000.00 this summer alone on kidney surgery and about 107.00 quarterly on MY drugs alone. My wife and daughter have smoked a ton of money as well. Probably had I not stopped drinking alcohol like water and smoking cigarettes and pot like a chimney, I'd be dead. Im grateful to be alive, grateful to be here and able to write about (my measley) happy life. Actually my music is getting better and better, which indicates to me that I should have waited until next year before I released anything. My CD Santa at the Gulag only got a a 4 rating on Net Music (hopefully thats not out of 100) That I knew was low quality but wanted to see how it would be recieved. The thing about it is the people that bought it listen to it often! So I guess I have an audience even though its small. I imade the mistake of trying to get into a fancy venue with no references. Like DUH! they aint gonna take a chance on an unknown. I have I think found a place to play where I can build an base. Its not a dive either, just a neighborhood bar that likes blues and oddballs.
I have to say if I hadn't had the response to my website and the new stuff that I have, I would have totally quit, got a crewcut, and gave it all over because of my age.
I'll plug away for a couple years. If I dont make ONE national tume, Im done. I promise.
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home