Thursday, August 26, 2004

Six Months off

He blew up the last stone this morning. It was odd for me cause the anesthiesiologist gave me some differrent stuff than the others did. No explanation why either. I just got like a real head rush from the other stuff then passed out, this stuff was like someone gently filling my ears with fluffy cotton...then I was waking up. Its like time travel. One minute yer here and the next yer there.
Musically I've just about finished 12 songs with lyrics. Im gonna master a demo here and get REAL singers to sing em down in LeClaire at Mikeys. Some rock, one is a ballad, and one is straight blues. Instrumentals are NOT getting it for moi. I guess I suck. I though contusion was light years ahead of anything I'd previously done. But nobody else does. Im no judge I reckon.
I can use his studio to get the musical tracks laid down and then have the singers posess copies of the demo until they know how theyre gonna do em and on one session lay it all down. (Hopefully)
I guess I gotta have the words come out. Mikey my drummer liked "Lucille" a song I wrote in 91. He liked it right off. (ITs on a cassette I sold locally) I had one of the BEST Iowa musicans Bob Dorr play stuff off of Santa at the Gulag at the University of Northern Iowas sunday night music show that he hosted and I got great responses and sold CD's.
I need to do more promotion too. Im fouindered. But my health is improving and I want to do stuff again.
Larry Jarrett and Reid Kolsrud are former co-workers of mine. Reid had an heart attack five weeks before I did in 2002. Hes never been back to work. Larry was diagnosed with stomach cancer in May and told a month ago that its in his liver and pancreas too... Were having a benifit for them Oct 9th Maybe I can get Tim to play a couple songs with me and mikey can drum.we'll see... Its really not enough time to work up some sets with the way we wind up practicing....
Bowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home